The day we moved in to our house 8/8/11
The beginning of our garage. The carport was completely open to our attic. Not only super unsafe, but uber inefficient.
Blair removing some unwanted plants that were in the way of the new garage foundation. Such a stud.
Insulating. He now knows that the tabs on the insulation are supposed to be tucked in between the studs so that the studs are visible with a flat surface to attach the drywall. So all this insulation will be redone.
His pretty DeWalt Jackhammer tool. (yes pretty. I am blogging about it I can say what I want)
Removed the pillar that gave us 8-9inches needed to install a garage door.
Blair's beautiful concrete! It feels like glass now. So smooth.
The walls going up.
Looks like a garage to me!
Above will be his shop area. Below is Papa Jackson helping with the electrical. There is now a door in that opening. Blair is very close to having our inspection. I will post final pictures after that.
No more third door! We had 3 doors out to the carport. Now we will have a front door and a door in the garage to the laundry room/kitchen.
This is my laundry room right when we moved in. It was a storage room.
Blair built me a platform for my washer and dryer. OH it is heaven to not bend over. Especially back when I was prego!
We took down the cabinets that were too low the have the W/D at the height I wanted. They are now shelving on the ground and a folding table. But, currently this is all tool storage until the garage is done.
This is the corner bedroom, The Girls room.
There was about 10 layers of paint and a couple layers of wall paper. See the rainbows where he pulled of the oddly placed molding.
Now it is smooth and primed ready for paint. Blair is still thinking about doing an addition (it is becoming less and less likely thank goodness). When he has decided for sure, we will finally get to paint and put in new carpet!
We designed a custom closet for the girls and Blair did awesome installing it. A place for everything and everything in its place makes me happy :)
More to come. Projects are always unfolding here at the Jacksons.








Wow! What a crazy endeavor. And, yes, it is a very pretty tool.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! That is amazing! It must be so amazing to have such a handy man! What a guy :)
ReplyDeleteIt's looking great! How nice it must be to have a husband so good with his tools. Can't wait to see more progress!
ReplyDeleteIm really impressed with all of this. I'm so happy you guys are able to get all of this stuff done. Wish we had that kind of motivation!
ReplyDeleteThose Jackson boys are so talented!! I'm way impressed Blair!
ReplyDelete