Sunday, March 25, 2012

Project Garage Addition Complete!!!

When I last posted an update, (remember here) We had the first layer of stucco up. Below is the second layer completed. The bottom 1/3 did not get a second layer because that is where the gorgeous stone goes.

 Here is the beginning of the stone. Blair had A LOT of people stop and compliment him while he was doing this. Our neighborhood really appreciates his hard, high quality work.


 Here is Mr Blair cutting the foam (yup, plain ol' styrofoam - its what they all use, I promise. No seriously)

 Foam application and drying

 Stuccoing the foam border

 The arch adds so much detail and interest, we love it.

 Stone and border all done and lights installed!


 And the final icing, the door trim!
If I could add a thousand exclamation points I would!!! So proud of Blair and all his hard work! It is all done, except for the final color layer on the stucco. But that will all be done at once with the rest of the house, after the back addition. Yes, another addition. We are tearing down the existing terribly built  enclosed patio and adding a larger "top of the line Blair quality construction" office and living space.
Here he is, on to the next! Digging the foundation for the back addition. I sat out on the grass with Daphne and our friend's baby and watched him. I know he enjoyed an audience and the company. It is going to be nice having him in the backyard, much more shade and more places for me to sit and watch him in action :)

3 comments:

  1. You married a worker. I'm glad you can appreciate him for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic! Your husband is a stud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Ya know..I knew Blair was amazing when he cared for Charlene..(the guinea pig) but this..this is AMAZING!!! I wish we lived near you so I could be part of the audience and so that Ty and I could learn how to puzzle those rocks together!! That's insane!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete