Bella Bear is our measuring bear to show Miss Daphne's growth.
These first 6 pictures she was 1 month old
2 months old and showing you how her smiles and muscles!
You will notice month 1 and 2 I propped her head up with a blanket.
Month 3 she is a pro all on her own.
Happy even while spitting up.
She is SO SMILEY!
Well I have to share how great my life has been since she was born. I knew about the "Eat - Wake - Sleep" routine from Baby Wise but had never read the book. Well I tried to keep her on that routine once she started eating on a regular schedule around 3 weeks old. And she started sleeping 5 hours at night. That means She would sleep from 10pm-3am and eat then go right back to sleep until 6am/7am. That is basically 8 hours of sleep people! So I checked out the Baby Wise book from the library to see what else this guy had to say. Well, it is fairly simple. He wants parents to focus on them getting a full feeding and then having a wake period after eating, them laying them down for a nap. There were and still are times that she does something different (stays asleep and won't wake up, or stays awake and won't sleep before she eats again). But, most of the time she will Eat - Wake - Sleep all on her own. And let me tell you, she has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old. She did start having 2-4am feedings while we were in California but my smart sis and the book said that is normal for a 3 month growth spurt. So, now that we are home, growth spurt over and back in our normal daily routine, she is sleeping 10-12 hours at night and I have to wake her up to eat in the morning between 8-10am. It reduces my stress knowing what she will be doing next and can semi-predict how our day will go. I know some people have issues with Baby Wise because they feel it is too strict and he tells you to let babies learn to self soothe themselves to sleep. Well, multiple times in the book he says that things will happen and everything may have to adjust. My opinion is, read what someone has to say and understand why they have the theory they do, then do what you feel is best and most applicable to your situation.
Anyway, I just wanted to share what was working for us, because a great night of sleep makes all the difference.
OH and I can't forget Swaddling! I got the Aden-Anais swaddle blankets on Amazon and they are great! Especially since it has been Mid-70s pretty much since she was born. I can swaddle her and she doesn't over heat.
The other book (well DVD-I cheated) I checked out form the library was Happiest Baby on the Block. He talks about 5 S's. Swaddling, side/stomach positioning in the parents' arms (Blair can
do this I can't), shushing (or basically white noise), swinging (or bouncing - the mom dance works too), and sucking. He talks about babies having a 4th trimester and still want the same comforts they had in the womb. She loves to be swaddled and in the swing or in the bouncer or in the car. But, she is also sleeping great being laid down in her crib for naps and bedtime. During the night her arms always escape and she tucks her hands behind her head. But, swaddling helps her to know it is time relax and fall asleep.
See her sleeping? Even with those fun Coronado boys dancing to Who Let the Dogs Out?! Those blankets by the way, work as well. They are the thermal fabric. They stretch well and keep her a wee bit warmer. Don't let all those boys is shorts fool you. It was a tad bit chilly that day.
OH and I can't forget Swaddling! I got the Aden-Anais swaddle blankets on Amazon and they are great! Especially since it has been Mid-70s pretty much since she was born. I can swaddle her and she doesn't over heat.
The other book (well DVD-I cheated) I checked out form the library was Happiest Baby on the Block. He talks about 5 S's. Swaddling, side/stomach positioning in the parents' arms (Blair can
do this I can't), shushing (or basically white noise), swinging (or bouncing - the mom dance works too), and sucking. He talks about babies having a 4th trimester and still want the same comforts they had in the womb. She loves to be swaddled and in the swing or in the bouncer or in the car. But, she is also sleeping great being laid down in her crib for naps and bedtime. During the night her arms always escape and she tucks her hands behind her head. But, swaddling helps her to know it is time relax and fall asleep.
See her sleeping? Even with those fun Coronado boys dancing to Who Let the Dogs Out?! Those blankets by the way, work as well. They are the thermal fabric. They stretch well and keep her a wee bit warmer. Don't let all those boys is shorts fool you. It was a tad bit chilly that day.
I love you Holly! You are a great Mommy!
ReplyDelete