Monday, August 13, 2012

A Camping We Will Go

Miss Daphne was the best camping baby! She loved loved loved crawling around and discovering amazing things to pick up and attempt to put in her mouth. She did really well at avoiding the mouth when we said "No".


She did however have a hard time napping in the pack-n-play. I think it was a combination of too hot in the tent and lack of pacifiers. At home she likes in her mouth and one in each hand. But, I walked her around when she was tired then stopped back at camp and she fell asleep in the stroller just fine. 

After a fun filled day of crawling around she definitely enjoyed her bath!

She's my sweet baby :)

All clean and ready for jammies.

The next morning I transfered her from the stroller to the pack-n-play outside the tent.

Momma and Daphne are definitely happy campers!


This girl right here is my other happy camper! She was SO excited to sleep in the tent and sleeping bag. She did so great and I am so thankful to our friends for letting us borrow their tent. We would like to buy the same one - it was the perfect size and easy to put up and take down. Look at all that room!

We only brought 1 toy and 1 box of crayons with paper. We were camping for goodness sakes and the wilderness has plenty to offer with out us bringing our whole house up there. 

She enjoyed taking care of baby curious george. I told her to hold him like a baby and this is what she did - I guess thats how her momma holds a baby most of the time. 

Curious George was definitely well taken care of. 

There was little trails all over from the camp sites to the creeks. She loved exploring and playing in and around the creek.

Quick - guess which one is Charlotte!

That's right - we found her twin in the camp site next to us. They are about 6 mo apart and both big talkers! These two had a lot of fun together. 

This daddy had a lot of fun too. There was a lot of well deserved relaxing. We all loved it here! We were in the Coconino Nat'l Forest and camped in the Cave Springs Campground.

On our way home we made a stop to play at Slide Rock Park! Gorgeous and SO MUCH FUN!


Blair said he could have stayed here for days and never have been bored.

He loved feeling like a kid again - forgot all the stress of career and renovations - and had a blast!

This was really SO much fun! Best water park ever!

My favorite was when I finally forced Charlotte to go with me!

When we stopped she said "That wasn't scary at all. That was fun!" Thumbs up to Dad and Daphne

Blair jumped a couple times and would have jumped all day. I would have jumped, but it started raining and I  was freezing and the girls were ready to go.

We stopped at the Dairy Queen just down the road on the way home and it made me miss Foster's Freeze - but still yummy!

We had a great two days together as a family and can't wait to go back. Come on over our way and we will take you up! It is only 2 hours away!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun camping trip. My husband would love to go to that water park. Looks like fun! Every time we have dairy queen I think about Foster's Freeze as well. I mean Dairy Queen is yummy, but Foster's Freeze is better. I miss it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the tupperware bin baths!!! whatever, we just love camping;)

    ReplyDelete