Blair and I met in Sept. 2009 but, we got to know each other during a 12 hour hike up Half Dome exactly one year ago today. (my post last year) Now, I don't consider this our first date because, it just wasn't. But, it was key in getting to know each other and as a result I texted him on his 21 hour drive to Texas the next morning to make sure he was alive and texting turned to talking on the phone and soon ichat followed and before we knew it we were engaged and married!
I know Blair was sent to me! He is an amazing man, husband and father! I love him and I am so glad he is my best friend, partner in parenting and team mate in marriage! I can't believe he has only been in my life a year!
I know he was sent to us and he is a blessing. I often tell people,
ReplyDelete"He just showed up on my couch",
(sent by God) One nurse at work asked "Can I come over and see who is on your couch for me?"
I just had to add my 2 cents. Blair is our youngest of 4 children. We pray for our children and grandchildren, by name every day. Although we did not know Holly, we have been praying for her for quite some time. I knew that Blair would have to find his Eternal companion, that she would not go to find him. I am so grateful that the Lord sent him to Fresno and his car stopped working and he needed a couch for the night. Amazing and such a blessing that Darlene and Bob's couch was available for him. We love Holly and sweet little Charlotte so very much and the whole Gage family. Thank you for adding our son to your wonderful family and allowing us to add Holly and Charlotte to ours. Garth & Rita Jackson
ReplyDeleteAren't you glad John told him y'all had a couch?! God works in mysterious and fabulous ways!! So happy for both of you! Can't wait to go hiking with y'all next summer.
ReplyDeleteLove your guts!!
~E Tree