Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Making Progress

Here is our update for the last 2 weeks of our adjusting/settling/list tackle-ing adventures:

  • I have almost every room out of boxes. I still have the office, and I have been avoiding tackling Charlotte's room. Going through clothes that fit but are all long sleeve and it makes me sad to wonder if they will still fit by the time it is cool enough here to wear them. She will come out 5 times a day in a new outfit that is way too warm to be wearing - she came out one time with 2 long sleeve dresses on and a sweaty brow from the effort it took to put them both on...but refused to take them off and insisted it was not to hot. It was over 110 degrees that day. 
  • We LOVE our pool. It took a few days longer then Blair expected to order and install all necessary equipment and chemicals it get it running. But it is all up and running and minus a cover to shade our equipment from the sun - it is good to go. 
  • My new callings are on the Relief Society Meetings committee AND Activity Days. I have already had a meeting with the RS committee and have put myself to work and loving it. I even signed myself up to teach a class at our super saturday and then at the end of the meeting they asked when I was due and pointed out to me (who has pregnant brain) that Super Saturday was Oct 8th and I am due Oct 7th.  Oh yeah...we will figure something out I am sure :)
  • We got a couch and a washer and dryer set that make me happy. Craigslist was not treating me well the first week we were here and I was getting discouraged...but never fear, patience brought us what I wanted for a price that was close to what Blair could swallow. 
  • Our plumbing backed up on Monday afternoon and we have been trying to figure out what crazy design they did on this house and how that heck it has ever worked at all. But I am learning so much about clean-outs and plumbing - it is just great. 
  • Charlotte and I both met our doctors yesterday. My last OB-GYN appointment my doctor was called to a C-section and I didn't get to meet him. I met him yesterday and LOVE him! I picked him by calling the nurses station at the hospital I am delivering at and asked who she would see and she said most of the staff sees Dr. Erickson. Great name (my mom's family name), high recommendation from a L&D nurse, I felt good about it. Then I find out yesterday that he is LDS. Crazy coincedence, but it gets better.  He has been trying to decide whether or not he wants to get his pilots license. He said all his doctor friends got their license at TransPac (Blair's school he is working at) and they have been telling him to get it and buy a plane with them. He said he can't wait to meet Blair. His family is also a fan of Wipeout...always a good sign ;) 
  • I had been pediatrician hunting and needed to decide so I could write a name down for Baby Daphne on the Hospital paper work. Well, off of pure instinct I chose one and we went to have a wart removed off Charlotte's pinky. LOVED them too! They have a well child and sick child waiting areas, amazing murals on every wall, great office staff and med staff, they are only 10 minutes away and we were in and out in 20 minutes! Charlotte did amazing and didn't even cry while they froze off her wart. She has only complained of wanting a new band-aid and said nothing about it hurting. She is tough for sure. 
  • Last friday my amazing cousins watched Charlotte again while Blair and I went to the Mesa Temple. It was gorgeous and such a great day to sit in peace and enjoy how blessed we have been.  I love my growing family and can not believe how far we have come and how much everything has changed in the last 2 years. I have learned a ton of patience during my life journey and an eternal appreciation for all the people who have supported and loved us along the way.


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is going so well for you. I love it when I feel that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Look at you go busy bee!!! I am so proud of you! Activity days how fun is that?!? Love you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we moved into our house, we had plumbing & pool issues too! Except I didn't learn about the clean-out, Mario did, I just cried when we had to pay the plumber. Congrats on the house & everything else. Sounds like you guys are settling in well :)

    ReplyDelete