Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas in Hawaii

Whenever possible, I will be going some where tropical during the winter...I loved warming up in 80 degree weather for a week!
 Most of the time was spent on lounge chairs looking at the ocean right by our resort. I finished my book (Eat Pray Love) and I enjoyed it! I am sorry to all of you who thought the movie was boring...the book makes it so much better! Benson finished the Hunger Games Series-I loved those books! we have heard rumors of movies, we talked a lot about who could play the characters in the book.

 
 Our view on our resort
Ka'anapali Beach Club Resort, Maui, HI

 Mad boogie boarding and surfing!

 Ioa Needle
 This was the swinging bridges trail

 In between crossing rivers on the way out we decided not to put our shoes back on...I do not have hobbit feet...it was a bit painful
 When we reached the "waterfall" I was the only girl jumping...it was so fun...but so COLD! I was expecting warm hawaii water...nope, so chilly!

 Above is the view from the "water fall"
 It wasn't as grandiose and we were expecting...but fun to jump

 On the way out, crossing the rivers

 Mom and Benson though it was so fun to swing the bridge while I was crossing...not funny...I wanted to see my Blair and Charlotte again!

Stinky scary cave...some guys walked through this for about 1/4 mile...I wouldn't have survived

 Beautiful Mountains of Maui

 Whale Watching!!!



I enjoyed my relaxation time...but I really missed my Blair and my Charlotte!!

1 comment:

  1. Knowing Richard, if he managed to get me on that bridge and made it swing, i would have peed and fallen off right there!
    I loved going to Hawaii when I was a kid, got two weeks off of school!! LOL!! It was fun to see you at church! Charlotte is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete