Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Keep Moving Forward

I really like Disney's "Meet the Robinsons"...They quote Walt thought the whole movie and have the motto of "Keep Moving Forward" and I love it!

So here is my sad story that I have decided I have to keep moving forward despite how hard I have been on myself about this. My mom took Benson and I to Hawaii for a week and Charlotte got to stay at the George's for a week. I took the train down to Fresno and it arrived early. Usually my mom is there to get Charlotte from me and I grab all the bags. Well, I was getting Charlotte's stuff out of the over-head bin and she grabbed and threw the Tigger and then took off her recently put on shoes. I proceeded to try and keep her jacket and shoes and all the other bags together. I completely forgot about our camera backpack that was still up in the over head bin. I didn't realize until I was at my mom's and I thought about getting Charlotte's insurance card out of my wallet to remember to give it to Joelle (sis-in-law watching Charly). I thought...'Where is my wallet?...In the camera bag...Where is the camera bag?' OH MY GOSH!!!!! I freaked out and I called amtrak and for the next 2 hours talked to 10+ people about my bag and they kept asking what it looked like and what was in it...I kept saying... Its red and black and has my wallet and Camera! 

SO they find the back pack in Bakersfield and tell me they will send it back to Fresno. I ask if everything is inside and they say "I can't look in the bag. I am not allowed to." THEN WHY THE HECK DID EVERYONE ASK ME WHAT WAS IN IT AND NOW EVERYONE KNOWS THERE IS A WALLET AND CAMERA IN IT! So I pick up the bag in Fresno and everything is there EXCEPT our camera. My beautiful gorgeous lovely new amazing camera that I waited so long to get. I filed a report but nothing has happened...sadly as expected. So some thief got a really expensive Christmas present for free and made me really really sad and depressed about how forgetful I am.

So sadly...no pictures on this post. 

Blair just left for 10-14 days as he does a bunch of cross country flights. I was SO sad I couldn't send him with our camera. I have been just sick over this.

All I can think about is just keep moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. If you have renter's insurance or used a credit card to buy it, they might be able to help you. We just got a new camera, not as fancy as yours, but it hurts when things you work so hard to get get stolen or damaged! Though it sounds strange to me that they left your wallet.

    Other then the theft of the camera, how was Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO SO SAD!!

    Roger keeps saying that someday I should buy a decent camera and my first thought is the moment I do it would 1. get broken or 2. I'd forget it somewhere and it'd be gone, just like yours.

    ReplyDelete